Academics are the foundation of the Executive MBA experience.
Building on a rigorous foundation of courses covering all major areas of business, the program integrates the fundamentals into a succession of courses that are issue-oriented and customized around the interests of your cohort. The EMBA courses are designed to provide you with the fundamentals of business and help you develop the managerial thinking skills you will need to become a competitive advantage for your organization.
Over the course of the program you will:
- Gain a comprehensive business perspective on current business management issues through team-taught, interdisciplinary courses.
- Learn to think broadly and strategically about your firm through a rigorous study of the fundamentals of business.
- Work on projects that directly relate to your current business problems.
- Participate in a global integration course with a required international experience.
- Managerial Economics
- Strategy Formulation and Implementation
- Organizational Behavior
- Marketing Management
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Data Analysis for Managers
- Global Environment of Business
- Entrepreneurship and Financing New Business Ventures
- Financial Management
- Operations Management
Topics courses serve to supplement the core courses and are determined by program leadership. Examples of past topics courses include:
- Creative Leadership
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Technology in Business
- Leadership and Competitive Analysis
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Product Management Strategy
- Risk Management
- Services Marketing
- Venture Capital
Our faculty have a deep understanding of business management principles, experience with current business issues and ability to apply that knowledge in the classroom to create a stimulating and challenging educational experience. In addition to being benefactors of expert research and knowledge, Fisher faculty are accessible to students and often engage in discussion and collaboration with them outside of the classroom. In recent years, U.S. News & World Report and other surveys have placed Fisher accounting, finance, operations/production and real estate programs among the top ten in the nation.
Meet some of the EMBA faculty:
PhD, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, B.Tech, Indian Institute of Technology
Dean's Distinguished Professor of Corporate and Global Strategy
PhD, University of Minnesota
Associate Professor of Management Sciences
Dean, Fisher College of Business
John W. Berry, Sr Chair in Business
Ph.D., 2000, Organizational Behavior, Stanford Graduate School of Business
Associate Professor, Management & Human Resources
PhD, University of Rochester
Professor of Finance
Dean's Distinguished Chair in Finance
PhD, The University of Chicago
Associate Professor, Accounting & Management Information Systems
Executive MBA Admissions
Fisher College of Business
©2023 Fisher College of Business
2100 Neil Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210