Master of Human Resource Management
The Master of Human Resource Management (MHRM) Program, taught within The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business, gives students depth of exposure to the Human Resources function in the context of the ever-changing business environment. With focused instruction from clinical and research faculty, the Fisher MHRM program goes beyond the traditional classroom experience, exposing students to case-based application, corporate executive guest speakers, and top-notch career management services.
We've streamlined the MHRM experience
FASTER. BETTER. IT'S A WIN-WIN FOR YOU!
An ever-changing workplace demands dynamic leaders equipped to embrace disruption, champion strategic initiatives, and embody the principles that advance businesses, their missions, and their employees. Human capital has become the primary source for a sustainable competitive advantage for organizations across the globe.
This landscape is at the heart of new program enhancements to a streamlined MHRM degree at Fisher College of Business. Full-time and part-time students navigate the best-in-class MHRM curriculum gaining the knowledge and in-demand skills required to lead any organization. Learn more about these innovative changes.
- Refreshed curriculum to reflect changes in HR
- Streamlined degree requirements to 39 credit hours
- Now an 18 month, three-semester program (for full-time enrollees)
View the new full-time and part-time curriculum sheets
DID YOU KNOW? The GMAT/GRE test requirement is now optional, and a business degree is not required. All undergraduate majors are welcome. View MHRM admissions requirements >
A BUSINESS-FOCUSED APPROACH TO DEVELOPING PEOPLE
- Evening Classes: A new program structure that works for you – complete the degree on a full-time or part-time schedule
- Link Theory to Practice: One of few HR graduate programs taught within the college of business. For example, watch a video about the MHRM internal case competition.
- Individualized Attention – A small cohort allows for close interaction with your MHRM cohort, and the faculty and staff.
- Learn from the Best – Here, faculty think and teach in business terms – providing lifelike scenarios to apply what you’re learning.
- Professionally Accredited: Fisher MHRM curriculum is certified by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- MHRM Advisory Board: These distinguished professionals represent a variety of industries and geographic locations, and work tirelessly to shape the future of our program by striving to fulfill our shared vision.
A FOCUS ON EMPLOYMENT SUCCESS
A roster of prestigious companies say “yes” to MHRM – Companies including PepsiCo, ExxonMobil, Shell, Anheuser-Busch, Deloitte, Boeing, Visa, Huntington, LBrands, and Cardinal Health have hired MHRM graduates over the past few years.
An individualized approach – Whether your plan is to work in recruiting, talent management, training & development, or something else—your Career Consultant will help you start planning for your long-term goals as soon as you arrive on campus.
Mentor Program – Connect with human resource professionals in Central Ohio and beyond to receive guidance and advice and grow your network. The MHRM Advisory Board continually develops the comprehensive mentorship program to support your personal and professional development while in the MHRM program.
THIS IS WHERE IT BEGINS
- Experience Columbus – Music, fashion, food, nightlife. Vibrant and alive, Ohio's capital is known for its open attitude, smart style and entrepreneurial spirit.
- A myriad of opportunities to lead, grow and develop – Explore a variety of student organizations based on business focus areas, service to the community, or other common interests. You are sure to find a group that suits your interests and aspirations.
- We champion diversity in intellectual thought and perspective – We are an inclusive, supportive community where you can comfortably join in or confidently stand out.
- Become part of a global community – As a Fisher student, you will be part of this community of individuals who have an incredible breadth of backgrounds and experiences to share. Don’t just get one perspective—get many. Networking isn't just a buzzword for the MHRM program. Learn more about how our MHRM Advisory Board makes sure you're supported.
Fisher's MHRM program is certified by the Society for Human Resource Management
Whether you are in the beginning stages of your program search or you have already decided that one of Fisher's graduate programs is the right fit for you, we encourage you to connect with us.
Contact Fisher's Graduate Programs Office directly to schedule on-campus activities such as in-person meetings, class visits and campus tours. We will do our best to accommodate your request in-person or virtually within university guidelines - Safe and Healthy Buckeyes.
©2023 Fisher College of Business
2100 Neil Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210