Master of Supply Chain Management
The online Master of Supply Chain Management (MSCM) degree at The Ohio State University Max M. Fisher College of Business develops professionals for this critical field who possess the technical expertise and cross-functional business skills to understand every link in the chain — from inception to the consumer.
Top 10 nationally year after year: The MSCM degree builds on Fisher’s long-standing reputation as a global leader in supply chain management and business education. Earn a degree from one of the world’s most respected universities.
Attend an MSCM Info Session Application Deadlines
Start Leading in Supply Chain
Join our incoming Summer class
Supply chains are the lifeblood of business. They connect industries, transform ideas into products and sustain marketplaces. Organizations around the world rely on supply chain management to inform their decisions and drive their strategy. More than ever, this critical field needs professionals capable of moving organizations into the future.
The MSCM builds and refines valuable supply chain skills through a flexible curriculum that combines online coursework with hands-on learning experiences. Graduates will represent a new generation of supply chain professionals equipped to immediately put the latest theory into practice.
Flexibility to Set Your Own Pace
The 33-credit-hour, online curriculum for the Master of Supply Chain Management program can be taken part-time, which takes six semesters (24 months), or at an accelerated full-time pace, spanning four semesters (15 months). We recommend the part-time path for busy working professionals and the full-time path for those not currently working or those who are able to handle a more rigorous schedule. As a MSCM student, you'll learn to:
- Apply knowledge and skills to design supply chain strategy aligned with an organization’s objectives
- Develop an analytical tool set necessary to make decisions amid risk and ambiguity
- Design integrated supply chain processes with partners to improve performance and create value
- Grow as a business leader by working within diverse teams and solving real business problems
50/50 Live vs. Self-Paced Content
Core classes are split evenly between synchronous (live) and asynchronous (self-paced) instruction. The combination of flexibility and an action-based approach yields the necessary supply chain management skills to prepare graduates for leadership in this critical, fast-paced industry.
- Interact live for ~1-2 hours each week per class, with class and small group discussions, case studies and guest lectures
- Learn through rich, self-paced asynchronous content, including short video lectures, podcasts, interviews and carefully selected public content
Three On-Campus Immersion Experiences
MSCM students spend time on Ohio State’s main campus on three occasions throughout the program (beginning, middle and end). These intimate and personalized learning experiences include workshops, on-site industry tours/visits in Columbus, Ohio, executive speakers and in-person networking. Each of these in-person sessions will be 2-3 days, utilizing weekends so that students will be away no more than five weekdays during the entirety of the program.
- Kickoff Experience (1 credit hour)
- Mid-Program Experience (1 credit hour)
- Final Experience (1 credit hour)
Hands-On, Signature Capstone Project
Within the Master of Supply Chain Management program is a signature capstone project in which students address a real challenge and deliver tangible results to their current employer or assigned organization. During the capstone, students learn to:
- Put into practice classroom insights
- Think analytically and drive decision making
- Work with a real organization to co-create value
- Build additional technical and soft skills
Personalized Career Support & Dedicated Coaching
As an MSCM student, you'll have a dedicated career management team that focuses on your career goals, mentorship and continued leadership development through:
- One-on-one career coaching
- Personalized academic advising
- Professional development
- Engagement with Fisher's research centers of excellence and partners
Explore Fisher Career Services
Gain a competitive edge
Fisher graduate students excel in exciting careers and industries nationwide, including: agriculture, consulting, distribution, healthcare, manufacturing, retail and transportation. Below are some roles currently held by Fisher graduates:
- Commodity Specialist
- Director of Supply Chain/Operations
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Import/Export Specialist
- Logistics Manager
- Procurement/Purchasing Manager
- Production/Supply Planner
- Sourcing/Transportation Specialist
- Supply Chain/Logistics Analyst
All Are Welcome - No Graduate Prerequisites, and We're Test-Optional
We’re looking for early-to-mid career MSCM candidates in any business function who are seeking a top-notch supply chain education to advance their career. Candidates exhibiting advancement or leadership potential, diverse perspectives, backgrounds and skillsets are desired. A four-year bachelor’s degree is required. Applicants with limited or no work experience are considered on a case-by-case basis. Connect with us to discuss your supply chain management goals at 614-292-8511 or email@example.com.
- Zero graduate prerequisite courses required (all 4-year bachelor's degrees/majors welcome)
- Test optional: The GMAT/GRE test is not required for admission
- Perfect for early- to mid-career professionals
Requirements & Application Deadlines
A tight-knit single cohort + Ohio State + Columbus
We're more than an online program. At The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business, we have a proven formula when it comes to our graduate programs. By limiting the number of students to a single cohort, students receive personalized attention, high-value experiences and they make lifelong connections. This approach complements Ohio State's status as one of the largest and most recognized universities in the United States and yields a graduate degree that carries a reputation for excellence. As Buckeye, you'll benefit from our status as a global university located in a logistics epicenter, Columbus, Ohio.
Meet Industry Leaders
Because our faculty are well-connected in the supply chain communities nationwide, MSCM students have opportunities to engage with industry leaders from some of the leading companies in the U.S.
Previous guest speakers included representatives from:
|Bath & Body Works||Intel|
|Cardinal Health||JPMorgan Chase|
|and many more|
Whether you are in the beginning stages of your program search or you have already decided that one of Fisher's graduate programs is the right fit for you, we encourage you to connect with us.
Contact Fisher's Graduate Programs Office directly to schedule on-campus activities such as in-person meetings, class visits and campus tours. We will do our best to accommodate your request in-person or virtually within university guidelines - Safe and Healthy Buckeyes.
©2023 Fisher College of Business
2100 Neil Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210