- About Fisher
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Fisher
- Black/African American
Resources for the Black Community at Fisher
- The Ohio State University Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- The Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) advances academic excellence by increasing and advocating for campus diversity and inclusion. ODI undertakes initiatives aimed at the recruitment, retention and success of underrepresented students, faculty and staff, by working with academic units, community partners and national organizations and institutions.
- The Office of Student Life Multicultural Center - African and African American Initiatives
- The Office of Student Life Multicultural Center’s African and African American Initiatives (AFAM) celebrates and continues the rich traditions, heritage and presence of the African diaspora at Ohio State. It works in collaboration with students and other stakeholders to provide programs centered on enhancing student knowledge and understanding of American history and awareness of current social issues impacting Black and African communities.
- The Frank W. Hale, Jr. Black Cultural Center
- The Frank W. Hale Jr. Center develops and maintains supportive programs and activities for the development and advancement of all students and particularly African American students. It serves as an instrument of orientation and instruction to the larger community on issues of race, politics, economics, community, art and culture.
- The Todd Anthony Bell National Resource Center on the African American Male
- The Todd Anthony Bell National Resource Center on the African American Male examines and addresses critical issues in society that impact the quality of life for African American males. The center conducts robust research studies and evaluations that inform social policy and theory on African American males and developing research-based programs, models and initiatives that could be replicated at other institutions.
- The Todd Anthony Bell National Resource Center on the African American Male - Bell Fellows Program
- The Bell Fellows program serves Ohio State doctoral students who were interested in the work of the Todd Anthony Bell National Resource Center on the African American Male and are interested in academic careers as professors or postdoctoral researchers. The program fosters skills designed to create productive scholars on topics related to African American males.
National Association of Black Accountants
The Ohio State chapter of the National Association of Black Accountants is a nonprofit membership association dedicated to bridging the opportunity gap for people of color in the accounting, finance, consulting, information technology and other business-related professions.
Council of Black Students in Administration
Council of Black Students in Administration is a collegiate chapter of the National Black MBA Association. CBSA has existed on Ohio State’s campus since 1972. It is dedicated to promoting and facilitating the professional, academic and social development of undergraduate students with a passion for business. It also aids in the creation of relationships between students and prominent professionals in community, while serving as a resource center to Fisher College of Business.
National Black MBA Association Association (NBMBAA)
The NBMBAA is a member-based, non profit professional organization which leads in the creation of educational, wealth building and growth opportunities for black students, professionals and entrepreneurs. Representing more than 20,000 members, 40 professional and 33 Leaders of Tomorrow chapters, and over 500 corporate, academic and non-profit partners, the organization is dedicated to developing alliances that create intellectual and economic wealth in the Black community through its five channels of engagement: career, education, entrepreneurship, leadership and lifestyle.
Black History Month events
|February 4, 2021||Fisher Black MBA Living Legends Series: Elicia Azali||Virtual|
|February 11, 2021||Fisher Black MBA Living Legends Series: Eric Lenard||Virtual|
|February 18, 2021||Fisher Black MBA Living Legends Series: Shartia Brantley||Virtual|
|February 21, 2021||Fisher Black Alumni Virtual Connect||Virtual|
|February 25, 2021||Humanity in Leadership: The Pressing Need for Faculty Diversity in Business Schools||Virtual|
©2023 Fisher College of Business
2100 Neil Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210