Brian Mittendorf joined the Department of Accounting and MIS as an Associate Professor of Accounting in 2009. Prior to coming to Fisher, Brian served as an Associate Professor of Accounting at the Yale School of Management. He holds a Bachelors degree in accounting from Baylor University and a PhD in Accounting and MIS from Ohio State.
His research has studied the role of accounting information in supply chain management, incentive contracting, nonprofit organizations, and competitive strategy, and has been featured in several academic journals such as The Accounting Review, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Management Science, Marketing Science, and RAND Journal of Economics. He also serves on the Editorial Boards of The Accounting Review and Journal of Management Accounting Research.
- Certified Public Accountant, State of Ohio (Inactive)
- Fisher Research Fellow, The Ohio State University, 2014
- Fellow, National Center of the Middle Market (2012-2014)
- Management Science Distinguished Service Award, 2013
- Management Science Meritorious Service Award, 2011
- AAA Management Accounting Dissertation Award, Runner-up
- Journal of Management Accounting Research Best Paper Award (2004-2006) for “Capital Budgeting when Managers Value both Honesty and Perquisites”