Dr. Ken Boyer is a professor of operations management. He came to Fisher in 2008 from Michigan State University, where he was a professor in the Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management. From 2006-11, he was the co-editor in chief of theJournal of Operations Management, one of the five highest-ranking management journals in the field and the premiere scholarly journal for operations and supply chain management. He has memberships in the Academy of Management, Production and Operations Management Society and the Decision Sciences Institute.
Dr. Boyer’s professional activities include serving in several leadership positions within DSI and the Academy of Management. He has published more than 50 journal articles on health-care operations, e-commerce and technology management. His work has been cited more 1,400 times.
Dr. Boyer has given invited presentations in nine different countries and been quoted in several prominent periodicals, including the New York Times,Business 2.0 , the Chicago Tribune and USA Today.
- INFORMS-Industry Studies Association Best Paper Prize, 2012 selected out of 843 papers published in INFORMS journals in 2012.
- OM Division Distinguished Scholar, Academy of Management, 2010
- John D. and Dortha J. Withrow Teacher-Scholar Award, Michigan State University, 2007
- Outstanding MBA Second-year Professor, 2005
- Chan Hahn Award for best paper, 1997
- Stan Hardy Award for best paper, Decision Sciences, Journal of Operations Management, 1996