- Executive Education
- Executive Education Programs for Individuals
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Fisher College of Business presents Six Sigma training designed as the most time-sensitive, value-driven program in existence. Total Quality Management principles identify and eliminate operations inefficiencies in each and every process of a company’s product or service.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training uses time-tested processes to enable your company to increase profits, strengthen market share and improve customer satisfaction.
If you're unsure whether you'd like to pursue a Green Belt or Black Belt, view our comparison chart to see how they're different from one another.
**If you've already completed the On-campus Green Belt Program and would like to register for the certification-only, please contact Stephanie Medors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Green Belt program includes three parts:
Interactive Conference Calls
Attend eight faculty-led, interactive conference calls which will begin approximately two months prior to the on-campus program. Assignments will be given to complete between calls to prepare you for the on-campus portion.
The instructor-led on-campus classroom session provides participants the opportunity to apply knowledge through hands-on activities. The duration of this phase is five days, Monday through Friday.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
The Green Belt certification process includes:
- Successful completion of a comprehensive 2-hour computer-based exam. Score of 80 percent or higher is required.
- One Green Belt project review that includes phone and email interaction with a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt coach.
- A project charter must be submitted prior to the on-campus session. The early submission is to establish that the project has the necessary scope to demonstrate learning, and to deliver significant bottom-line results. It may be acceptable to combine the elements of two different projects with smaller scopes in order to meet the skill demonstration requirements.
- Complete project documentation must be provided. Sensitive data can be modified in the interest of confidentiality.
- Candidates should plan to complete the project process within 6 months of completing the exam.
- The Fisher College of Business Review Board will provide final approval and award certification.
Program participants will learn:
- Lead teams in applying the Six Sigma DMAIC methodology to attack waste
- Prioritize improvement activities for greatest organizational impact
- Define improvement projects to satisfy customer requirements and reduce variability
- Measure inputs and outputs to provide meaningful data
- Analyze data to identify the root cause of variability
- Control the process to prevent backsliding and consolidate the gains
- Analyze quality cost
- Improve the process to reduce variability
|Location:||Fisher College of Business, The Blackwell Inn|
Spring Session 2023
Zoom meetings in advance of the on-campus portion:
On-campus session: June 19 - 23, 2023
Final Registration deadline: April 5, 2023
Discounts and Promotions:
- Mi Kyong Newsom - Academic Director/ Clinical Assistant Professor, Management Sciences
- Jill Treece - Senior Lecturer, Management Sciences
- John Draper - Clinical Assistant Professor, Management Sciences
All cancellations and transfers must be received in writing. Submit your request via email to Stephanie Medors with the name of the program, followed by “cancellation” or “transfer” in the subject line.
- Cancellations made before the start of the 1st interactive video conference call will incur a $1,000 flat fee. We would like to get your thoughts which one to pursue and how it would affect your workflow.
- Withdrawals on or after the first interactive video conference call are subject to forfeiture of the total cost of the program.
- All transfers made before the 1st interactive video conference call will incur a $500 transfer fee.
- One transfer per registrant to a subsequent offering within 12 months is allowed.
- A transfer request followed by a subsequent cancellation will be subject to the applicable cancellation fees noted above.
For information or questions regarding registration, please contact Julie Boothman at email@example.com or at 614-292-5902.
If you'd like to discuss your educational options and need assistance in determining the best fit for you, please contact Stephanie Medors at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 614-292-7553.
©2023 Fisher College of Business
2100 Neil Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210