Fisher E-mail Migration for Graduate Students
Starting 4/9/2014, Fisher e-mail and calendar accounts will be migrated to BuckeyeMail.
What do you need to know and do?
- Beginning on 4/9/2014 thru 4/13/2014, Fisher will migrate e-mail and calendar to BuckeyeMail. OSU employees that are taking classes at Fisher will be migrated to the University Email Service (UES).
- Any phone, tablet, laptop and computer will need to be reconfigured for BuckeyeMail (or UES). Students can also use the web to access BuckeyeMail.
- Individuals can reconfigure their own devices. Self-help documentation is listed below.
- At 9:00 am on 4/9/2014 all new email will be delivered to the your BuckeyeMail account. If you have an email forward in place at Fisher, all email will continue to be delivered to your forwarding email address.
- All e-mail, contacts, tasks and calendar items will be copied from the Fisher e-mail system to your BuckeyeMail (or UES) mailbox starting after 9:00 am on 4/9/2014. With the large number of students, it may take up to 96 hours before all your existing email is copied to BuckeyeMail (or UES). Students can continue to access the Fisher webmail to access existing email until all email is copied to BuckeyeMail (or UES).
- Fisher Helpdesk is available during normal working hours to answer questions or assist with configuration issues.
- If you are currently forwarding your e-mail to a 3rd party e-mail service (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc...) you will not be affected and do not need to take any action. Your email will continue to forward to that service. You can verify your email forwarding setting by logging into http://my.osu.edu.
What will happen during your scheduled migration date?
- At 9:00 am you will receive a final email notice to your Fisher email with configuration instructions. All new email sent to your Fisher email account will be delivered to the BuckeyeMail (or UES).
- After 9:00 am your existing email will be copied from the Fisher email servers to BuckeyeMail (or UES).
BuckeyeMail mobile configurations
- Configuring An iOS Device to Check BuckeyeMail
- Configuring Windows Mobile to Check BuckeyeMail
- Configure an Android Device to Check BuckeyeMail
- Configuring a BlackBerry to Sync With BuckeyeMail
- E-mail Settings (POP, IMAP, SMTP) for BuckeyeMail
- BuckeyeMail - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Thank you for your time and cooperation with this important university initiative. Please contact the Fisher ITS Helpdesk if you have any questions or concerns regarding the migration process.
- Wednesday, April 9 – Sunday, April 13
Walk-in: 320 Mason Hall, 8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday