- Leadership & Engagement Office
- Experiential Learning
- Fisher FIRST Program
Leadership & Engagement
Fisher FIRST Program
Fisher FIRST Program
Focusing on Inclusion and Readiness for a Successful Transition or "Fisher FIRST" is a year-long program that provides a head-start to underrepresented and first-generation students admitted into the Fisher College of Business at the Ohio State University!
The program allows participants to engage with a diverse student community, develop stronger relationships with the campus community and emerge as leaders on campus and beyond. Fisher FIRST Program begins with an early arrival for incoming first year participants, and continues throughout the student's college journey.
About Fisher FIRST
Fisher FIRST program benefits:
- An immediate sense of belonging and connection within Fisher College of Business.
Demonstrate less anxiety about their college readiness and ability to succeed in their intended specialization.
Discover career interests through exposure to various industries through company site visits, and networking with alumni.
Receive mentoring from upperclassmen and opportunity to pay it forward by becoming mentor.
Connect with students and alumni of diverse backgrounds and broaden your cultural perspective.
Fisher FIRST program structure:
- Participate in an early arrival experience prior to fall semester. Early Arrival aspect is tentatively Sunday, August 13-Thursday, August 17, 2023 depending upon residence hall opening/restrictions in accordance with University health and safety guidelines.
- Students receive a dedicated Program Manager who specifically supports Fisher FIRST students.
- One credit seminar course taught by the Program Manager.
- Participate in a year-long program including intentional leadership activities, family meetings, 1:1 transition support, and much more!
Fisher FIRST Application
Students must apply to participate in Fisher FIRST. Not all those who apply will be admitted into the program.
- Accept your offer of admission to The Ohio State University and the Fisher College of Business by May 1, 2023
- Complete Fisher FIRST application by June 9, 2023
- Accept offer to participate in Fisher FIRST program by July 19, 2023
Leadership & Engagement Office Contact Information
The staff of the Undergraduate Leadership & Engagement Office are available to meet with students who are interested in learning how to become more engaged during their collegiate career.
Undergraduate Leadership & Engagement Office
Fisher College of Business
309 Schoenbaum Hall
210 W. Woodruff Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210-1144
©2023 Fisher College of Business
2100 Neil Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210