DEPARTMENT OF OPERATIONS AND BUSINESS ANALYTICS
Contains research from 2012 to present day. Go to the Operations and Business Analytics faculty directory for full research profiles.
- Eckerd, S., Boyer, K., Qi, Y., Eckerd, A., and Hill, J.A., (2016). Supply Chain Psychological Contract Breach: An Experimental Study across National Cultures. Journal of Supply Chain Management, 52(3), 68-82.
- C. Senot, A. Chandrasekaran, P. Ward, 2016. "Role of Bottom-Up Decision Process in Improving the Quality of Health Care Delivery: A Contingency Perspective". Production and Operations Management 25(3): 458-476.
- Chandrasekaran, A., Linderman, K., Sting, F., Benner, M., 2016. "Managing R&D Project Shifts in High-Tech Organizations: A Multi-Method Study". Production and Operations Management 25(3): 390-416.
- C. Senot, A. Chandrasekaran, P. Ward, A. Tucker, and S. Moffat-Bruce, 2016. “The Impact of Combining Conformance Quality and Experiential Quality on Readmissions and Cost Performance,” Management Science 62(3): 829-848.
- L. Sharma, A. Chandrasekaran, K. Boyer, and C. McDermott, 2016. "The Impact of Health Information Technology Bundles on Hospital Performance: An Econometric Study,” Journal of Operations Management 41 (2016): 25 – 41.
- E. Bendoly, R. Chao. 2016. "How excessive stage time reduction in NPD negatively effects market value," Production and Operations Management, 25(5), 812-832.
- A. Hood, D. Bachrach, S. Zivnuska, E. Bendoly. 2016. "The mediating effects of psychological safety in the relationship between team affectivity and transactive memory systems," Journal of Organizational Behavior, 37(3), 416-435.
- E. Bendoly. 2016. "Fit, bias and enacted sensemaking in data visualization: frameworks for continuous development in operations and supply chain management analytics," Journal of Business Logistics, 37(1), 6-17.
- Esenduran, G., E. Kemahlio˘glu-Ziya, and J. M. Swaminathan, 2016, "Take-Back Legislation: Consequences for Remanufacturing and Environment", Decision Sciences, Vol. 47(2), pp 219-256.
- L. Sharma, A. Chandrasekaran, K. Boyer, C. McDermott, “The Impact of Health Information Technology Bundles on Performance: An Econometric Study”, Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 41, pp. 25-41, 2016.
- Craig, Nathan and Ananth Raman. 2016. “Improving Store Liquidation," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management 18(1), pp. 89–103.
- Blount, I.Y., and Hill, J.A., (2015) Supplier diversification by executive order: Examining the effect reporting compliance, education and training, outreach, and proximity to leadership have on government procurement behavior with minority business enterprises,. Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, 21(4), 251-258.
- Esenduran, G., N.G. Hall and Z. Liu, “Environmental Regulation in Project-Based Industries”, Naval Research Logistics 62 (2015) 228–247.
- Hall, N.G., Z. Long, J. Qi and M. Sim, “Managing Underperformance Risk in Project Portfolio Selection”, Operations Research, 63 (2015) 660–675.
- Hall, N.G., J.Y.-T. Leung and C.-L. Li, “The Effects of Multitasking on Operations Scheduling”, Production and Operations Management, 24 (2015) 1248–1265.
- Simpson, D., Meredith, J., Boyer, K., Dilts, D., Ellram, L. M. and Leong, G. K. 2015. "Professional, Research, and Publishing Trends in Operations and Supply Chain Management," Journal of Supply Chain Management, 51: 87–100.
- Whipple,J., Frankel,R., and Boyer, K., “A Dyadic Investigation of Collaborative Competence, Social Capital and Performance in Buyer-Supplier Relationships”, Journal of Supply Chain Management, Vol. 51, No. 2, pp. 3-21, 2015.
- Gardner, J., Boyer, K., and Gray, J.V., “Operational and Strategic Information Processing: Complementing Healthcare IT Infrastructure”,Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 33-34, No. 1, pp. 123 – 139, 2015.
- Salvador, F. M. J. Rungtusanatham, J. P. Madiedo Montañez. 2015. “Antecedents of Mass Customization Capability: Direct and Interaction Effects,” IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. 62(4): 618-630.
- Ng, C-H., M. Rungtusanatham, X. Zhao, and A. Ivanova. 2015. “TQM and Environmental Uncertainty Levels: Profiles, Fit, and Firm Performance.” International Journal of Production Research. 53(14): 4266-4286.
- Ng, C-H., M. Rungtusanatham, X. Zhao, and T. S. Lee. 2015. “Examining Process Management via the Lens of Exploitation and Exploration: Reconceptualization and Scale Development.” International Journal of Production Economics. 163(May): 1-15.
- Esenduran, G., N. G. Hall, and Z. Liu, 2015, "Compliance with Environmental Regulation in Project-Based Industries", Naval Research Logistics, Vol. 62(3), pp 228-247.
- Claire, S., Chandrasekaran A., 2015. "What has the biggest impact on the readmission rates?". Harvard Business Review Digital Article
- J. Sterman, R. Oliva, K. Linderman, and E. Bendoly, “System Dynamics perspectives and modeling opportunities for research in Operations Management,” Journal of Operations Management 2015.
- H. Shin, S. Park, E. Lee, and W.C. Benton, Jr., "A Classification of the Literature on the Planning of Substitutable Products," European Journal of Operational Research 246, no. 3 (2015): 686-699.
- S.M. Handley and J.V. Gray, "Managing Quality in a Heterogeneous Contract Manufacturing Environment," Decision Sciences 46, no. 6 (2015): 1011-1048.
- J.V. Gray, E. Siemsen and G. Vasudeva, "Collocation Still Matters: Conformance Quality and the Interdependence of R&D and Manufacturing in the Pharmaceutical Industry," Management Science 61, no. 11 (2015): 2760-2781.
- J.V. Gray and S.M. Handley, "Managing Contract Manufacturer Quality in the Presence of Performance Ambiguity," Journal of Operations Management 38 (2015): 41-55.
- Craig, Nathan, Nicole DeHoratius, Yan Jiang, and Diego Klabjan. 2015. "Execution Quality: An Analysis of Fulfillment Errors in a Retail Distribution Center.'' Journal of Operations Management 38, pp. 25-40.
- Chandrasekaran, A., Linderman, K., 2015. "Managing Knowledge Creation in High-Tech R&D Projects: A Multi-method Study." Decision Sciences 46(2), 267-300.
- Chandrasekaran, A., Linderman, K., Schroeder, R.G.2015. "The Role of Project and Organizational Context in Managing High-Tech R&D Projects." Production and Operations Management 24(4) 560-586.
- Mishra, A., Chandrasekaran A., MacCormack, A., 2015. "Collaboration in Multi-Partner R&D Projects: The Impact of Partnering Scale and Scope," Journal of Operations Management 33-34 (1-14).
- J. Sterman, R. Oliva, K. Linderman, and E. Bendoly, 2015. “System Dynamics perspectives and modeling opportunities for research in Operations Management,” Journal of Operations Management 39-40 (1-5).
- Esenduran, G. and E. Kemahlioglu-Ziya, 2015, "A Comparison of Product Take-Back Compliance Schemes," Production and Operations Management, Vol. 24(1), pp 71-88.
- Gray, J.V., G. Anand, A.V. Roth. "The Influence of ISO 9000 Certifications on Process Compliance," 2015. Production and Operations Management,24:3, 369-382
- Gardner, J., K.K. Boyer, J.V. Gray. 2015. "Operational and Strategic Information Processing: Complementing Healthcare IT Infrastructure," Journal of Operations Management,33-34, 123-129
- Marley, K. A., Ward, P. T., Hill, J. A. (2014). Mitigating Supply Chain Disruptions - A Normal Accident Perspective. Supply Chain Management, 19(2), 142-152.
- E. Bendoly. 2014. “Systems Dynamics Understanding in Projects: Information Sharing, Psychological Safety, and Performance Effects” Production and Operations Management 23:8, 1352-1369.
- E. Bendoly, M. Swink, and W. Simpson, “Prioritizing and Monitoring Concurrent Project Work: Effects on Switching Behavior,” Production and Operations Management 23, no. 5 (2014): 847-860.
- F. Salvador, A. Chandrasekaran, and T. Sohail, "Product Configuration, Ambidexterity and Firm Performance in the Context of Industrial Equipment Manufacturing," Journal of Operations Management32, no. 4 (2014): 138-153.
- Buxel, H., G. Esenduran and S. Griffin, 2014, "Strategic Sustainability: Creating Business Value with Life Cycle Analysis", Business Horizons, Vol. 58, pp 109-122.
- A. Ivanova, J.V. Gray, K.K. Sinha, "Towards a Unifying Theory of Management Standard Implementation: The Case of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001," International Journal of Operations and Production Management23, no. 10 (2014): 1269-1306.
- J.V. Gray and B. Massimino, "The Effect of Language Differences and National Culture on Plant-Level Process Compliance," Production and Operations Management 23, no. 6 (2014): 1042-1056.
- Blount, I.Y., Smith, D.E., and Hill, J.A., “Minority business networks as sources of social capital for minority firms”, (2013) Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship, 18(3), 45-58.
- Eckerd, S., Hill, J.A., Boyer, K. K., Donohue, K., and Ward, P.T., “The relative impact of attribute, severity, and timing of psychological contract breach on behavioral and attitudinal outcomes”, (2013) Journal of Operations Management, 31, 567-578.
- E. Bendoly, “Real-Time Feedback and Booking Behavior in the Hospitality Industry: Moderating the Balance Between Imperfect Judgment and Imperfect Prescription,” Journal of Operations Management 31, nos. 1-2 (2013): 62-71.
- E. Bendoly, A. Bharadwaj, S. Bharadwaj. 2012. "Complementary drivers of New Product Development performance: cross-functional coordination, information system capability, and intelligence quality." Production and Operations Management21(4). pp. 653-667.
- W.C. Benton Jr., “A Profitability Evaluation of America’s Best Hospitals, 2000-2008,” Decision Sciences Journal (2013).
- K. Boyer, A. Chandrasekaran, and J. Gray, "R&D and Manufacturing: Where Do They Belong in Young Organization?," National Center for the Middle Market (2013)
- Griffin S., H. Buxel, and G. Esenduran "Surprising Insights from Environmental Screenings," in "Big Idea: Sustainability, Opinion & Analysis," MIT Sloan Management Review, (October 2013)
- S.M. Handley and J.V. Gray, "Inter-Organizational Quality Management: The Use of Contractual Incentives and Monitoring Mechanisms with Outsourced Manufacturing," Production and Operations Management22, no. 6 (2013): 1540-1556.
- J. V. Gray, K. Skowronski, G. Esenduran, and J. Rungtusanatham, "The Reshoring Phenomenon: What Supply Chain Academics Ought to Know and Should Do," Journal of Supply Chain Management49, no. 2 (2013): 27-33.
- Eckerd, S., and Hill, J.A., “The Buyer-Supplier Social Contract: Information Sharing as a Deterrent to Unethical Behaviors”, (2012) International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 32(2), 238-255.
- T. Clottey, W.C. Benton, and R. Srivastava, “Forecasting Product Returns for Remanufacturing Operations” Decision Sciences Journal 43, no. 4 (2012): 589-614.
- S. Handley, W.C. Benton Jr., “Control, Coordination, and Complex Global Services,” Journal of Operations Management (2012).
- S. Handley, W.C. Benton Jr., “Mediated Power and Outsourcing Relationships,” Journal of Operations Management (2012).
- S. Handley and W.C. Benton Jr., “The Influence of Exchange Hazards and Power on Opportunism in Outsourcing Relationships,” Journal of Operations Management 30, nos. 1-2 (2012): 55-68.
- M. Gadkari, A. Chandrasekaran, "The Emergency Department (ED) at the Burton Group of Hospitals - Application of Lean and Value Stream Mapping," Operations Management Education Review 6 (2012): 59-78.
- A. Chandrasekaran, C. Senot, K. Boyer, "Process Management Impact on Clinical and Experiential Quality: Managing Tensions Between Safe and Patient-Centered Healthcare," Manufacturing and Service Operations Management14, no. 4 (2012): 548-566.
- A. Chandrasekaran and A. Mishra, "Task Design, Team Context and Psychological Safety: An Empirical Analysis of R&D Projects in High Technology Organizations," Production and Operations Management21, no. 6 (2012): 977-996.
- A. Chandrasekaran, K. Linderman, and R.G. Schroeder, "Antecedents to Ambidexterity Competency in High-Technology Organizations," Journal of Operations Management30, nos. 1-2 (2012): 134-151.
- G. Anand, J.V. Gray, and E. Siemsen, "Decay, Shock, and Renewal: Operational Routines and Process Entropy in the Pharmaceutical Industry," Organization Science23, no. 6 (2012): 1700-1716.
©2023 Fisher College of Business
2100 Neil Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210