Because leading brands are increasingly employing innovation process for new product and service development and creation to achieve sustainable differentiation and long-term viability, both business schools and businesses need to:
- Prepare students for a new professional paradigm,
- Partner with one another - research, training & development partnerships focused on new processes for ideation, incubation, and commercialization,
- Enact new approaches to value creation - applied to a cross section of business issues and to address problems of global dimension including job creation.
- 'SPARK and Shark' Innovation Case Competition sponsored by Scotts Miracle-Gro held April 9th-11th. For information on the competition and list of winning teams please click here.
- The Innovation Initiative welcomes Bausch & Lomb and Scotts Miracle-Gro as new members!
- On January 15th the Innovation Initiative held an Art of the Pitch session on Fisher's campus. Through Brian Heffernan's presentation, StoriedSelling, and a panel discussion led by Executive Director Gretchen Goffe, the 75 attendees learned what investors are looking for in a pitch, what investors wish you knew before pitching to them, and the pitfalls to avoid.
- The Innovation Initiative and Innovation Fisher held the first Innovation Career Panel on November 13th. Executive Director Gretchen Goffe moderated the panel who spoke to the value of innovation and offered advice to students wishing to pursue a career in the field. Please visit Fisher's Newsroom for an article highlighting the successful event!
- The Innovation Initiative welcomes Nationwide as a new member!
- Engaging the Organization In Top-Line Revenue Growth is a hot topic! Executive Director Gretchen Goffe spoke on the topic to Nationwide employees through a lecture sponsored by Nationwide's Marketing University this past September and to over 100 middle market companies at the Greater Cleveland Partnership's Middle Market Innovation Forum. Gretchen will also participate on a panel for the Society for Marketing Professional Services Regional Conference October 18th.
- SPARK, a 3 day immersion session that pairs what happens before and after generating an idea with best in class design thinking, is now a collaboration of best practices between OSU's B school and D school. For additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An article to be published in the Journal of Management will review and outline whether and when investments in patents, lead time, secrecy, and other complementary assets affect the proportion of value created that flows to the innovation organization. The article is a collaboration of Michael Leiblein, Associate Professor at FCOB, Sharon James, Assistant Professor at FCOB, and Shaohua Lu, PhD candidate at FCOB.