Because leading brands are increasingly employing innovation process for new product and service development and creation to achieve sustainable differentiation and long-term viability, both business schools and businesses need to:
- Prepare students for a new professional paradigm,
- Partner with one another - research, training & development partnerships focused on new processes for ideation, incubation, and commercialization,
- Enact new approaches to value creation - applied to a cross section of business issues and to address problems of global dimension including job creation.
- Save the Date! The next corporate forum meeting will be held January 24th. For more information please see the Events Calendar.
- The Innovation Initiative and Innovation Fisher held the first Innovation Career Panel on November 13th. Executive Director Gretchen Goffe moderated the panel who spoke to the value of innovation and offered advice to students wishing to pursue a career in the field. Please visit Fisher's Newsroom for an article highlighting the successful event!
- Innovation Practice: Strategies for Top-Line Growth will be taught February 7 - March 14, 2014 for companies interested in how to create or refine an organization that powers ongoing development of new products, new markets, and business model ideas from inception through commercialization. For more information on Innovation Practice, please contact Liz Leininger.
- The Innovation Initiative welcomes Nationwide as a new member!
- The Innovation Initiative led a SPARK and Shark session for the MBA Roundtable hosted by Fisher College of Business on November 8th. The session helped participants develop ideas for improved MBA curriculum.
- Engaging the Organization In Top-Line Revenue Growth is a hot topic! Executive Director Gretchen Goffe spoke on the topic to Nationwide employees through a lecture sponsored by Nationwide's Marketing University this past September and to over 100 middle market companies at the Greater Cleveland Partnership's Middle Market Innovation Forum. Gretchen will also participate on a panel for the Society for Marketing Professional Services Regional Conference October 18th.
- SPARK, a 3 day immersion session that pairs what happens before and after generating an idea with best in class design thinking, is now a collaboration of best practices between OSU's B school and D school. For additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An article to be published in the Journal of Management will review and outline whether and when investments in patents, lead time, secrecy, and other complementary assets affect the proportion of value created that flows to the innovation organization. The article is a collaboration of Michael Leiblein, Associate Professor at FCOB, Sharon James, Assistant Professor at FCOB, and Shaohua Lu, PhD candidate at FCOB.