Fisher College of Business logo

About the College

Since 1916, The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business has produced exceptional leaders who meet the challenges of a changing global business environment through creative and effective solutions.

In 1993, the college received a gift from alumnus Max M. Fisher, a leading industrialist, philanthropist and public servant. Mr. Fisher's desire to see his alma mater become one of the premier management institutions in the country spearheaded the construction of a state-of-the-art, six-building campus. In recognition of his commitment, the college was named the Max M. Fisher College of Business.

Since then, the college has undergone a corporate turnaround; narrowing the focus of its programs, recruiting leading faculty, placing a renewed emphasis on experiential learning, and offering a wide range of global opportunities. Faculty and staff have also established new scholarship and fellowship opportunities, strengthened their commitment to diversity, and created innovative academic and corporate partnerships.

As a result, Fisher's reputation continues to rise and is reflected in rankings which place the college among top business schools in the nation at the undergraduate and graduate levels.

 

Dean
Christine A. Poon

Founded
March 7, 1916

Location
Columbus, OH

Faculty
91 tenure track

9 clinical track

30 full-time non-tenure track

Living alumni
73,292

Current students
Undergraduate, full-time: 6,093

Master of Business Administration
Class of 2014: 115
Class of 2015: 117

Executive MBA: 32

Master of Accounting: 80

Master of Business Operational Excellence: 35

Master in Business Logistics Engineering: 75

Master of Human Resource Management: 100

PhD programs: 62

Specialized Master in Finance: 41

MBA for Working Professionals: 299