The Initiative for Managing Services was launched in 2004 to address the increasing importance of services issues in today’s business environment. Our mission still centers on being the university-based thought leader in services management.
"The mission of IMS is to be an international leader in services research, education and business application."
As our membership has grown, we have become increasingly aware of the diverse ways that IMS can help our members meet their business challenges. As we continue to expand our deliverable offering for our members, we will work to focus on programs that will enhance one or more components of our mission.
- Provide IMS member companies with insights, research, best practices, networking and student talent to support and improve the performance of their businesses.
- Provide students with superior educational opportunities in services management, as well as opportunities to apply those skills in the business environment.
- Support the overall missions of Fisher College of Business and The Ohio State University, including Ohio State President Gordon Gee’s vision of “One University.
- Provide a platform to integrate our member companies and students with the faculty and resources of Fisher College of Business and Ohio State.
- Extend the IMS platform, as appropriate, to other colleges at Ohio State, as well as to outside faculty who can make a unique contribution to our mission.