The Connections You Will Make in the MAcc

Hi everyone! Welcome to my first blog post as an ambassador for the Master of Accounting (MAcc) program. Today, I will be introducing you to two of my good friends in the MAcc 2023/2024 cohort, sharing a bit about their past and their future, and some information they'd like to share with future MAcc students. 

First, I'd like to introduce Leah Gaudino. Leah is a combined MAcc/BSBA student, meaning that she is completing her undergraduate accounting degree requirements through classes in the MAcc curriculum. Leah spent her summer before the MAcc program working with Deloitte as an audit & assurance intern in their Columbus office. After graduating, Leah plans on attending law school before pursuing a career in transactional or intellectual property law. When asked what advice she'd pass on to MAcc students, Leah said, "to set yourself up for success with a good routine and not be intimidated by the quicker class pace." 

Next, I'd like to introduce Chris Perez. Chris is also a combined MAcc/BSBA student who spent his undergraduate at Ohio State studying accounting. Chris spent his summer interning with PwC as a part of their Tax practice in Tampa Bay. When he's not in class, Chris is a graduate teaching assistant for the undergraduate Honors Financial Accounting I. When asked what he would like to tell MAcc students who are on the fence, Chris said, "the MAcc grants you valuable knowledge within the professional world, setting you up for great success wherever you may end up."

The Master of Accounting is not only a place for advancing your academic and professional knowledge of accounting, but it's also an incredible opportunity to form meaningful, personal connections with driven, like-minded individuals. 

I hope this blog post helped you envision yourself among the students of Fisher's MAcc program!