Closing the Curtains on Semester Three

With the third semester coming to a close, I'm almost all the way through my MBA. Looking back at this semester, I strongly feel I made the right decision by choosing to join Fisher College of Business at The Ohio State University. I was always interested in Operations and that was one of my motivating factors in selecting Fisher. My experience with the operations faculty has been phenomenal with all faculty members having not only in-depth knowledge of the subject but also real-world industry applications. Coming from an engineering background, I did not have the foundational knowledge of Operations Management but my professors have broken down concepts into digestible bits, making subjects like Six Sigma easy to understand and fun. I highly recommend Strategic Global Sourcing with Professor Gray, Six Sigma Principles with Professor Newsom, and Matching Supply and Demand with Professor Hill.

Learning Six Sigma the fun way.
Learning Six Sigma the fun way

This semester, I also had the opportunity to give back to the college by becoming the President of The Supply Chain Association and Fisher Indian Student Organization. Joining senior leadership at college organizations/clubs is a great experience in that you have the responsibility to help improve the experience for incoming students by organizing network events, educational events, etc. I also had the opportunity to network with industry leaders while organizing speaker events and cultural events including Diwali, celebrating the diversity at Fisher. So, if such opportunities interest you, be sure to check out some of the great clubs at Fisher including Fisher Consulting and Strategy Club, Supply Chain Association, etc.