Well, let me tell you!
You can call me Stacey, Stace, “hey you”, or that crazy car lady – they all will probably get a response
Where I’m from: I grew up in Southeast Michigan (pause for boo-ing).
What I did in school: I went to Michigan State University for a B.S. in Materials Science and Engineering, and then stuck around an extra year to get an M.S. in Manufacturing & Engineering Management. I graduated in 2007, and moved to Columbus for a job with Owens Corning.
Where I’ve worked:
- Pizza Hut – server
- Mama Mia’s – server
- Mrs. Fields Cookies – cashier/counter service
- The Limited – retail associate
- Oakland Community College – math tutor
- Architectural Painting, Inc – painter of multi-million dollar homes, businesses and warehouses
- Michigan State University – undergrad researcher in the chemical engineering and materials science engineering departments
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology – undergrad researcher in the chemical engineering department
- Prime Housing Group – maintenance (drywall repair, carpet removal, painting, etc)
- Owens Corning – manufacturing engineer, furnace engineer
- I LOVE cars… especially mine. If it has a V8 or three pedals, chances are I want to drive it.
- My project car, the ’87 Lincoln Towncar
- I have guinea pigs – four of them! They are my own version of Animal Planet.
- I have a weakness for frozen, caffeinated beverages.
- My favorite times of year are when the leaves change color, and when there’s a fresh coat of ice on the trees – so beautiful.
My goals for this blog:
- To give you all a perspective of an “outsider” and an “insider”. I’ve lived and worked in four different states, so I have some ability to make realistic comparisons.
- To provide some comedic relief! I am a firm believer in the “you must enjoy what you’re doing” philosophy!
- To get prospective students excited about the opportunities that Fisher, and the OSU community as a whole, can offer them.