The Fisher Experience!!

The anticipation is finally over and here we are. The moment that I have waited for is here and it’s nothing short of a dream. I still remember how elated I was when I first got my admission letter and after what seemed like eons, we all arrived in Columbus, Ohio with a heart full of aspirations and needless to say that the college experience is exactly what I had hoped for and more! 

It all began with the 10 day long pre-term where we were exposed to various sessions and were given basic training so that we could all level set and relate to what was to come when the actual classes would start. This helped us not only get on the same page, but also bond with our peers and professors even before the semester began. The pre-term itself helped us all see eye to eye in terms of what was to come and helped us explore vast fields such as Supply chain, Marketing, Consulting etc. We were educated on various job opportunities available in those fields and had a plethora of interactive networking sessions with our diverse alums already excelling in these fields. The Office of Career Management aided us in getting all the vitalities out of the way very early on and we had an extremely well-curated list of our target companies and functions right from the get-go.  

On the penultimate day of our pre-term, we had a dynamic case competition with our core team for solving a real-world problem where we had to pitch our solution in about 24 hours. This helped us not only get familiarized with our core teams, who are going to be like our family for the rest of the semester, but also know and understand each other's strengths and weaknesses a little better. It was a fascinating insight into how a single problem could be solved using many solutions as teams proposed their own recommendations one after another putting their best foot forward. 

The term has finally begun. After going through the rigorous pre-term together, my cohort feels like my family now. I’m looking forward to having two amazing years with these incredible and talented friends of mine.