Post CPA Life in Columbus

If you've been following my blog posts, you know that last semester I made it a personal goal of mine to have completed all four CPA sections by 2022. With my successful passing of BEC on December 16th, that was the culmination of my CPA journey, and I was free after that. Man, it was a weird feeling. I no longer had to spend every waking moment studying; there was no test date to have anxiety over. I was free in a sense. The looming question was, what was I going to do with all this free time? My passing of the CPA also coincided with winter break, giving me double the free time. Below are ways I have enjoyed my free time and the city of Columbus.

1. Blue Jackets Games

You can sign up for text alerts for "student rush" tickets for CBJ games as an OSU student! They usually cost around $25 and are a super fun event to attend. There are many games, so there will be multiple opportunities to go to games. If you've never been to an NHL game before, I highly recommend it! They are so fast-paced and fun, definitely my favorite sporting event to watch live. It's a fun time, win or lose!

2. Breweries/Restaurants

Columbus has no shortage of food! A few fun places to check out while you're here are Brewdog (either Short North or Franklinton), Saucy Brewery, Arch City Tavern, and the Pearl, to name a few. No matter what you're in the mood for, Columbus has something for you. All of which are extremely good and reasonably priced. So if you need a recommendation, those are a few of mine. You cannot go wrong with anywhere in the Short North. It's a fun time, even if it's frigid outside!

3. Ice Skating

Watching hockey games is fun, but taking to the ice is also a great activity in Columbus. Multiple indoor ice rinks are located within a 15-20 minute drive from campus that have open skating on certain days and times. If the weather looks nice (nice as can be for winter in Ohio), you can also try the smaller outdoor rink in Dublin near Bridgepark. It makes for a great Instagram photo! It is also near a plethora of restaurants before or after your skating.

Overall, the free time has been great, but I am happy to be busy with classes again. I strongly encourage you to take advantage of all Columbus has to offer during your year here! There is no shortage of activities. Also, it's a cultural hub of all types of food, so try and branch out while you're here! Just don't forget your gloves when you're walking around, as that is a lesson I learned the hard way.