Meet Mayle!

Hello! My name is Mayle Barr and I am a Combined BSBA/MAcc student at Ohio State. This is my fourth year at the Fisher College of Business and this year I am a member of the Master of Accounting cohort. The way the combined program works is that I replace my fourth year accounting classes with classes in the Masters program and I am then able to get both degrees in just four years.

I am originally from Naperville, IL and decided to attend Ohio State for undergrad because I loved the proximity to the resources in Columbus, the opportunities the business school offered, and the spirit of the Buckeye community. During my first year of school I got involved with the Business Scholars Program, the Accounting Association, the Fisher-Citizenship Program, and the Student-Alumni Council. I was involved in these activities through the end of the fall semester of my third year in various positions but ended my involvement after that semester to complete a busy season internship in the tax department at EY during Spring 2021. That following summer I completed an internship in the tax department at KPMG and accepted a full-time offer with them after graduation. I am now at the beginning of my fourth year at Ohio State and in addition to being in the Master of Accounting program, I am a graduate assistant in the Graduate Admissions Office, and the VP of Finance for Student-Alumni Council. 

In my free time I love trying new restaurants in Columbus, listening to podcasts while walking on the Olentangy Trail, and watching Buckeye football! I am incredibly excited to be back in the Shoe this football season and you can find me there for any home game or at home watching the away games. On the weekends once the games are over, I love going to coffee shops around campus to study and do homework. 

Even though I have lived in Columbus for three years, I am thrilled for this final year to learn more about the city, continue to be involved on campus, and learn more about accounting. I am excited to share these experiences on this blog and hope you will come back and follow along!