Finding Community at Fisher

A Warm Welcome

One of the primary reasons I chose to attend Fisher in pursuit of my MBA was the immediate sense of comfort I felt while interacting with the admissions staff and current students. As a prospective candidate, I had current students reach out to me and share their experiences and tips for choosing a program. They never tried to sell me on Fisher, they simply wanted to support me in making the best decision for myself. Similarly, I felt at ease speaking with members of the admissions committee and asking a multitude of questions about the program. I felt like a member of the “Fisher Family” before stepping foot on campus.

Access & Opportunity as a Student

One of the ways I've built a community for myself has been by joining student organizations like the Black MBA and The Fisher Strategy and Consulting Clubs. These organizations have helped me connect with students that share similar experiences and interests as me. As a member of the Black MBA club, I was afforded the opportunity to speak to Black Business leaders from firms like Accenture and Abbott Nutrition and learn about their experiences as MBA students. As a member of the Fisher Strategy and Consulting Club, I was paired with a 2nd-year student mentor that helped me work through casing interview preparation. 

Helping Grow the Fisher Family

As a student ambassador for the MBA program, I have the unique opportunity to help build the next class of The Fisher MBA Family. I get to speak with prospective students about The Fisher MBA Program and share my experiences with them. I moderate student panels and social hours with students interested in learning more about the program. My hope is that I make them feel supported and provide them with the same sense of security that made me chose Fisher.  

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.

0 Comments