Final Presentations

As the semester at Ohio State comes to a close, I had to give final presentations in many of my classes, discussing and explaining research that many of my teams had compiled over the course of the semester. However, I definitely had my most unique experience in my Business of College Sports class, in which I had to dress up as Jim Harbaugh for a recruiting pitch. (One of the Fisher MAcc program's unique features is that up to half of your total credits can be in areas outside of accounting. The college wants its students to be well rounded in areas that complement knowledge and skills in accounting.)

As many of you might know, Jim Harbaugh is the head coach of Michigan football, Ohio State's biggest rival. In a team with Celine (one of our MAcc graduate ambassadors) and five others, we got to present our recruiting pitch as a business idea to Gene Smith, the Ohio State athletics director. The experience was a little frightening- getting up in front of a world-renowned college AD and pitching him a business idea- but we made sure it was interactive and even got a few laughs along the way! Celine acted as the recruit I was giving my recruiting pitch to, and she played the role of "Justine Fields", a highly-touted quarterback prospect out of Georgia. Needless to say, Justine Fields ended up choosing to go to Ohio State instead of Michigan in our recruiting simulation. Who would have thought?

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.

0 Comments