Memories from the MAcc Class

It’s hard to believe that I’m sitting down writing my very last blog post of the year. I remember wondering in August how I could possibly have material to write about consistently throughout the year. Little did I know that the MAcc program is about way more than just completing 31 credit hours! I decided to reach out to some of my fellow classmates to learn about their favorite memories from their time in the MAcc program!

“I would say my favorite part has just been getting to meet so many people from all different backgrounds. Most of us probably would have never crossed paths without this program.” – Tyler Stacks, MAcc ’19

“Attending the Washington Campus during the Spring break was one of my best MAcc experiences. Through the unique learning opportunity from professionals in the accounting industry, I was able to equip myself with a well-rounded education that could not easily earn inside of the classroom as well as a strong rapport with my peers.” -Oscar Han, MAcc ’19

“My favorite memory of this year was probably the kickball tournament. We assembled a team of all our close friends and had so much fun! We ended up winning the tournament for a free lunch!” –Stephanie Saccogna, MAcc ‘19

“I had a lot of fun at Washington campus! I learned a lot of interesting views from the guest speakers and it broadened my perspective about the accounting profession. It gave me a chance to re-think my career plan for the future. Also, visiting the Capitol and alumni networking event was fun too!” -Min Kwon, MAcc ‘19

“The corn-hole event in fall was a great way to get to know my peers outside the classroom!” -Kelsey Kirkpatrick, MAcc Council President

Finally, I’ll end with mine:

My favorite memory from my time in the MAcc program has been my position as a GA in admissions. I have had the opportunity to coordinate and host prospective student visit days, where I have gotten to know students from all walks of life. It has helped me to better understand the various paths that students take that lead them to pursue a MAcc degree. The position has also helped me discover that my interests and strengths align closely with those necessary in recruiting, so I will be sure to get involved with campus recruiting when I start my career with Deloitte.

Some of the Graduate Programs Office GAs at Formal!

Author: Audrey Farber

Undergrad institution: University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign Undergrad Major: Accountancy Previous Employer: Deloitte Job Title: Audit Intern