My First Experience in the Nut House

Now that football season has come and gone, I needed a new sport to go to cheer on the Buckeyes. This past week I experienced my first basketball game in the “Nut House” watching Ohio State beat a ranked Iowa team. It was a close game most of the way with Ohio State pulling ahead at the end. It was a big win for the team since they are currently on the bubble of making it into the March Madness tournament.

The atmosphere at the game was amazing. I was able to sit along the

View from the student section

sideline just a few rows back surrounded by other students. We were all on our feet the entire game cheering on the Buckeyes. I even caught a free t-shirt they were throwing out during the game. I grew up playing basketball and went to all the games in undergrad so it was a lot of fun to experience a game while at OSU. I would add going to a basketball game as a must while at Ohio State.

Basketball games are played at the Schottenstein Center, which is right off campus close to the football stadium. Students can either purchase season tickets or just tickets for individual games. Basketball tickets go for a lot cheaper than football. I was able to get my ticket to the game for only $10. The students get great seats right behind the players and right in all of the action.

The Buckeyes started off the season ranked and have had a very up and down season so far. I am hoping that with a few more good wins they will get a bid into the NCAA Tournament. This year a few of the first and second round games of the NCAA March Madness Tournament will be played in Nationwide Area, which is downtown Columbus, so I’m hoping the Buckeyes make it and I can watch them right down the road in the tournament.