Tips for Virtual Interviews
Part of the application process for the Master of Finance, Master of Accounting, and Master of Human Resource Management programs involves completing an online video interview. Here are some of my tips to help you ace our virtual interviews.
- Look into the camera. If you were in an in-person interview, you would look the person you are speaking with in the eye, right? Why not do the same for a virtual interview?
- Pick the perfect spot. Try to find a place that is clean, quiet, and comfortable. We do not want to be distracted by people walking by you in the background or background noises.
- Don't drag it out. If your response is shorter than the amount of time allocated for it, there is nothing wrong with ending the video! Don't throw yourself off track by making the story longer than it needs to be.
- Dress for success. Dress as if you were going to an in-person interview. Looking your best conveys the message that you are interested and prepared.
- Test your technology beforehand. Make sure that your browser is compatible with the interview platform. Check to see that your voice is not too loud or too quiet.
- Practice - Before you start the interview, make sure you have different ideas of talking points you would like to bring up to generic interview questions you may get. Get the nerves out early!
- BE HONEST & YOURSELF - This could be our only chance to get to know you before making a decision on whether or not to admit you into our program. Be honest and genuine with your answers. Let us know what you are passionate about and what makes you unique!
Best of luck with your application to Ohio State!
*Disclaimer : This is my personal advice to you and may not reflect the opinions of The Ohio State University as a whole.