Chat with Katharine Garrett

Recently, I had the opportunity to catch up with one of Ohio State’s finest MAcc students, Katharine Garrett. She is a very energetic, smart, and authentic individual. We were able to talk for a little bit about her MAcc experience earlier this week.

Image result for katharine garrett

Chehade: Why did you decide to get a MAcc degree?

Garrett: I chose to get a MAcc degree because I wanted more of a challenge and the combined degree gave me an opportunity to get a master’s degree without extending my education (Fisher offers select undergrad BSBA students concurrent admission into the MAcc program). I also believe that a MAcc degree will give me a starting advantage in my career.

Chehade: And why did you choose Ohio State?

Garrett: Ohio State’s MAcc degree is nationally ranked and I was excited about the opportunity to learn more about accounting from both an academic and practical perspective. Additionally, a unique thing about Ohio State’s MAcc program is that you are given the opportunity to take other graduate-level business courses such as HR and finance while you are a MAcc student.

Chehade: Almost being ¾ done with your MAcc, what so far has been your favorite experience and memory?

Garrett: Presenting and watching other student’s presentation for Professor Zach’s final project. Professor Zach provided us the opportunity create and build our own project to investigate anything we found interesting. This led to some of the most interesting and educational presentations I have ever seen.  I most enjoyed watching other presentations and seeing what amazing projects and analyses my classmates were able to put together. Truly inspirational!

Chehade: Now I am going to ask you some quick questions: What’s been your favorite course so far?

Garrett: Pat Turner’s Professional Research

Chehade: Funniest professor?

Garrett: Professor Arya. He was quick and witty!

Chehade: Favorite Place to eat in Columbus?

Garrett: Harvest in Clintonville. They have delicious pizza!

Chehade: Best thing to do on the weekend?

Garrett: I like to explore Columbus restaurants and neighborhoods.