The Beauty of Ohio State

Walking on Ohio State’s campus for the first time, as a 17-year-old high school junior, I immediately fell in love. I wanted a big-city feel, but I wanted to be close to home as well. Ohio State offered that. I fell in love with the hustle and bustle of campus. People are always out on the streets walking to class or throwing a frisbee on some of the green spaces around campus. Below, I’ve outlined my favorite places on campus and the ones that made an immediate positive impression on me.

Mirror Lake

Image result for mirror lake ohio state
Mirror Lake before it was renovated

Mirror Lake has been a staple in Ohio State tradition and culture. Whether you’re relaxing and reading a book or deciding to go on a date, Mirror Lake is the place to be. It’s under renovation now, though, and is set to re-open in the spring.

Thompson Library

Image result for thompson library
Multiple photos of Thompson Library

One of the most beautiful libraries in the world, Thompson Library is 11 stories tall. You will always find a place to study and get your work done. I would suggest going up to the 11th floor to take in the views of campus and the City of Columbus.

Fisher College of Business

Image result for fisher college of business
Mason Hall

What is there not to like about Fisher? There are six buildings (all connected by tunnels underground) with state-of-the-art facilities. Grad students spend most of their time in Gerlach Hall, but students often make it over to Mason Hall which houses the business school’s very own coffee shop. Who doesn’t like convenient access to coffee and pastries?

RPAC

Image result for rpac
Outdoor view of the RPAC

The RPAC is a state-of-the art recreation facility. Once inside, you’ll find any cardio or weight machine you could think of. We have a very large swimming facility inside and we even boast a hot tub (my personal favorite place in campus). Additionally, the RPAC has 12 indoor basketball courts. Plus, while the RPAC is the crown jewel of facilities, there are five other recreational facilities scattered around campus.

Ohio Stadium

Image result for ohio Stadium
The “Horseshoe” (a.k.a. “the ‘Shoe” at night)

Ohio Stadium seats over 108,000 people and it’s the place to be every Saturday during the autumn semester. You can always be certain that the Buckeyes will put up a good fight and you should expect to have a great time.

There are many places on campus (in addition to these) where students are able to find their own niche. From museums to dance halls to eating establishments, you will never be at a loss for things to enjoy.