Friendsgiving and Preparation for Finals

One of my favorite holidays is Thanksgiving and Friendsgiving.” This year, I was able to spend quality time with many friends from the MAcc program and various other programs at Ohio State University. It was a great time with friends to talk and share stories since we started this journey in August. Pictured below is the big feast we had– along with guests who were able to take part in “Friendsgiving.”

After “Friendsgiving,” I was able to go home to the mountains of North Carolina for a much needed break before finals start. Now that I’m back, classes are in full swing with project deadlines and finals preparation. As a way of sharing a little background on the second seven weeks of the MAcc program, I’ll briefly talk about the four classes I’m currently in.

I have two core classes that all MAcc students are required to take: Corporate Financial Reporting I and Accounting Policy and Research. The corporate Financial Reporting I class consists of lectures with cases of public companies and analyzing their financials. Accounting Policy and Research consists of projects throughout the semester and readings and discussions for class. In addition, I’m taking two electives, Assurance Services and Information Quality and Professional Research in Accounting. Both classes consist of group work and case assignments due in class. Overall, the key to success is time management and staying organized. In a short two weeks, the first semester will be completed– and I’ll be thankful for all the learning I’ve done!