My First Football Game!

On Saturday, I had the chance to experience one of the most impressive and exciting sporting events of my entire life. I have to say that I have been to many sporting events over the course of my life such as a World Cup game in Germany, a European Cup game in France, a Premier League game in Manchester, and multiple World Cup qualification games in Belgium. I thought that no other sports could compete with soccer in terms of fan atmosphere and suspense during the game, but I have to admit that I was wrong.

39-38 was the final score of the OSU vs. Penn State game! Picture the dramatic ending: 3:07 is left in the game. After being down the entire time, Ohio State has the ball with the chance to take the lead for the first time. A little more than a minute later, Quarterback J.T. Barrett finds Tight End Marcus Baugh and… Touchdown! The entire stadium goes crazy!

As a big soccer fan, I left Ohio Stadium a surprised student. I knew that it was supposed to be a great event between two really good teams, but I was definitely not expecting myself to be as hyped as I was for an American football game. The best part of it was these 100,000 OSU fans that kept believing in their team, even after being down 14-0 three and a half minutes into the game.

I was not planning to go to the two last home games of the season, but after this game, I’ve completely changed my mind!