How to have a Stress-Free Winter Break

After a fun, though stressful semester, everyone needs a break from school– and winter break is the perfect time to relax and take your mind off school for a while.

1. Pass your finals – This one may be the most important. Not that anyone needs to be concerned about this, but ensuring you put your all into each class will leave you with no regrets once break starts.

2. Spend time with family – I love spending time with my family. They are one of the best stress relievers because they are always by my side supporting me through my education. No matter what, I know they’ll be there for me.

3. Spend as much time as possible around dogs (or any pet)  – I LOVE dogs. I have been so lucky in the last year that so many dogs have come into my life. I have found dogs are the ultimate stress reliever. Last year, my parents got a puppy. Then, three months ago, my brother and his wife got twin puppies. And my cousin just got a puppy last month. These dogs always put a smile on my face, and often times get my mind off of some of the things that might cause stress. I will put some pictures of the lovely dogs in my life in this blog.

This is Izzy and Remy, my brother's twin puppies. They dressed up this year for Halloween!
This is Izzy and Remy, my brother’s twin puppies. They dressed up this year for Halloween!
This is my cousins wiener dog, his name is Dash. He is sitting in my cousins hoodie.
This is my cousin’s wiener dog. His name is Dash. (He’s sitting in my cousin’s hoodie.)

4. Reconnect with old friends – Everyone has someone who they wish they would reconnect with over break. DO IT! This is the perfect time to meet up with friends you may not have seen since college started. Make sure you hang out with your good friends, but do not be afraid to reconnect with someone you may not have talked to recently.

5. Watch Netflix – Catch up on all the shows you’ve been missing out while studying all semester!

Winter break is meant to be a relaxing time where you can catch up with family and friends and celebrate the holiday season. I wish everyone happy holidays, and I will see you in the New Year!

Author: Caleb Gruenbaum

Student Ambassador for the MAcc. Combined BSBA/MAcc student.