A Quick Recap

It has been quite a year and time has passed so quickly.  I recently got back in town after experiencing an amazing summer internship with Frito-Lay.  I wanted to recap where I was coming from to help me organize my thoughts for the next adventure coming this year!

I asked my daughter, “What do you want to be when you grow up?”  She answered, “Bigger”.  I responded, “Me too!”  She wanted to be taller and I wanted to grow more more professionally! The spring semester helped me achieve that goal, but was very different from the first semester in that it was more like waves of intense work and then a week with much less work.  Data Analysis, Staffing, Teams & Leadership, and Employment Law.  The ‘Data Analysis’ class helped me to understand business empirically and provided a practical exploration of excel.  The ‘Staffing’ class gave me a comprehensive knowledge of the staffing process to complement my job as a staffing coordinator.  The ‘Teams and Leadership’ class explored dynamics of organizations.  ‘Employment Law’ was a comprehensive introduction  into employment law.  By the end of the semester, and the end of the first year, I had received a thorough preparation for my internship with Frito-Lay.