#MidMarketSummit

Yesterday was the 2013 Mid Market Summit, and thanks to my GA, I was able to attend the afternoon sessions and help with social media. It was an incredible opportunity listening to business leaders discuss current trends, the future of the Middle Market and more.

One of my favorite moments was listening to ESPN’s Darren Rovell talk to Billy Beane (GM of the Oakland Athletics) about big data. Mr. Beane discussed the similarities between baseball and business – and how you need to trust your head, not your gut. It was a fascinating story — and I know that I will be renting Moneyball in the very near future.

Some of my classmates even got to meet Mr. Rovell after his segment and got a great photo!

Right: ESPN’s Darren Rovell
Left: Oakland Athletics’ GM, Billy Beane,

The Fisher Sports Business Association had the great opportunity to meet with Darren Rovell from ESPN/ABC today — he’s the authority on the business of sports.

These opportunities are what I absolutely love about my school. The National Center for The Middle Market, in collaboration with the Fisher College of Business and GE Capital, host this event and put critical attention on the Middle Market. Other speakers from yesterday included Under Armour’s CEO Kevin Plant, The Washington Post‘s CEO Don Graham, Jonah Berger (author of Contagious: Why Things Catch On and Marketing Professor at Wharton School, and more.

Story from Fisher about GE Executives visiting and sharing their expertise with students: http://fisher.osu.edu/newsroom/?folder=65&news=3744

It has been a very educational 72 hours for me, and everyone at OSU!