My Summer Internship

Hello again, Fisher! It’s great to be back on campus as a 2nd year Full-Time MBA Student and Admissions Ambassador. One of my favorite aspects of being back is hearing about my classmates’ summer internships; we all worked so hard last year to nail our positions down, and it’s great to learn more about each experience. I’ve loved sharing my own as well!

This summer I was at dunnhumbyUSA, a customer science company based out of Cincinnati, OH that has been a partner to Kroger since 2002. I was a Client Line Intern on the Kroger team, and had a wonderful experience getting to know the company- and owning my own project from start to finish that will be implemented by my team and our client. My team was genuinely interested in my personal and professional growth- I was able to utilize my critical thinking skills and develop my analytical skills, which was a goal I had set for myself upon entering the program. I was surrounded by a wonderful intern class, and we had a blast exploring the city together.

Me (right) and my summer roommates- also interns at dunnhumbyUSA.

The dunnhumby intern class out at a Cincinnati Reds game.

I also had the opportunity to meet up with other Fisher MBAs while in Cincinnati- we explored restaurants, concert venues and even caught a few Reds games! It was nice to have good friends nearby to share the experience with.

A Cincinnati Reds game with fellow Fisher Ambassador Graham Rouse (left) and Fisher Alum Dan Brown (center).

I look forward to sharing my internship experience with prospective Fisher MBA students as they begin to make their own B-school decision. The Fisher MBA program has opened so many doors for me and my classmates- I can’t wait to see what else will unfold for us as we progress into year two!