MAcc Gives Back 2013!

Fisher MAcc students, faculty and staff came together on Friday, April 5, to serve the greater Columbus community.  Groups visited the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store, Lutheran Social Services Westside Pantry, Franklin Park Conservatory, and Whetstone Park to participate in various service activities.  My group helped clean, organize and stock shelves at the westside pantry for the morning.  It’s always very humbling to see the need of Columbus residents so close to campus, but it’s also encouraging to see how many organizations are operating with the well-being of community in mind.

MAcc students and staff volunteer at the LSS Westside Pantry

The famous OSU football coach Woody Hayes once said, “You can never pay back, but you can always pay forward.”  I hope that all of us are able to continue paying it forward by serving whatever communities we’ll be a part of after graduation.  I’m lucky to be joining an accounting firm that places community service among its top priorities, and I’m thankful to be part of a college that does the same!

1 Response to “MAcc Gives Back 2013!”

1. 1 Brad Draper April 11, 2013 at 9:13 am

Thank you for all your work at the LSS Food Pantry on the westside. You did a great job and helped us serve a lot of people!

It’s always great to hear about Fisher giving back. My fondest memory of the MBA program at Fisher was building a playground at a local elementary school with my classmates.

Thanks,
    Brad