Back to school, back to the books

In less than 72 hours I will be walking into Global Environment of Business and starting my second semester of my MBA program. I will be back in a (hectic/coffee-driven) routine of classes, interviews, homework, reading, study-groups, meetings, happy-hours, and more.

I can’t wait!

Truly, break was wonderful – peaceful and relaxing. I saw family, ate more than a normal human should, got in a ton of great runs, saw so many old friends and had a wonderful time ringing in 2013. I focused on filling out internship applications, researching companies and sending out networking emails. I traveled to Chicago with a few members of the Association of Marketing Professionals (AMP) and had a whirl-wind of a trip. Scrubbed my apartment till it sparkled and even slept in a few days (never thought I would say that in grad school).

And now I am ready to get back to work and back to school. I think a month break is my limit – started to go a little stir-crazy.

-photo found on Ohio State’s Image of the Day website- Hello snow!

I think what makes me even happier about classes starting again is the lack of apprehension. Let me explain, in August before pre-term and first term, I had NO idea what to expect. I wasn’t sure whom I would meet, how I would adapt to my professors’ teaching styles and if I would be able to meet my own expectations (I know, sorry, emotional blog). But I survived, met incredible colleagues and friends, and in my humble opinion, am doing pretty well with everything :)

So, here’s to 2013.  Within this year I will finish my first year of my program, intern at a great company, continue to grow and network the heck out of every opportunity. I will try not to stress, try not to over-think and enjoy this great adventure.

Can’t wait to see what happens next!

Jessi