Whoosh! Time is flying by

Do you hear that whooshing sound? It’s the time at Fisher passing by!

In an earlier post I mentioned that since I got enrolled in the Fisher MBA Program, a curious thing has happened: although I have more stuff to do, I have much more time! What do I do with this time? Well… since school just started, and I believe that everything should start with a break, I took a vacation.

Yes, a VACATION. That thing that I wasn’t sure actually exists. I did it. I visited Washington DC, I visited Atlantic City (where I spent more time in the Atlantic waves than in the casinos), I’ve been for a few days in Nashville, TN and for a dramatic finish, I watched a colored Niagara Falls:

Colored lights reflect on Niagara Falls

Of course, this post is not about my vacation, but about my time at Fisher. I am amazed how fast 8 weeks of classes can pass whooshing by. I have never been in school – at any level – where I enjoyed so much actually being at school and I don’t think there was a time before when I actually thought “oh, good thing I have classes today, I’m looking forward to it!

Remember the time in middle school, high school and college (I don’t really remember my primary school years) when school meant “you’re dumb, the professor is smart, you shut up, listen and take notes while the professor talks”? Fisher is nothing like that.

As a first year at Fisher, am taking 3 classes in the first semester. First one is about Microeconomics (it’s called something else, but really, it’s Microeconomics). The best class I took in my whole life. Interactive and challenging. You have to be prepared (and there’s a lot of reading to do), but it is so fun to be in class, to discuss sometimes absurd situations (to better understand an economic concept), and to make sense of what seemed to be so random at the beginning! And Accounting… who thought Accounting can be fun? I always hated accounting, and I went to the class expecting to hear “bla bla bla bla bla debit bla bla bla bla bla income statement bla bla bla bla bla cash flow“. Surprise! It was nothing like that! I guess if you have very good professors anything can be fun.

Oh, did I mention how amazing everything is? If you want to hear more about it, join me every Thursday night at Varsity Club, and I’ll tell you all about it. There will be free beer involved. Or you can wait a couple of days and read my post about midterms. Until next time, GO BUCKS!