I’ve always wished that I had my own blog in which I could just muse about whatever I wanted and somehow people would read in awe. I read a few blogs like that, and I’m always jealous of the writers. So, indulge me a little with a blog post that pretty much has nothing to do with the WPMBA program or Fisher or even Ohio State – but it does have something to do with living in this part of the country so, yes, it does have something to do with “being here.” 🙂 After a (very) hot summer, I am finding myself enjoying fall even more this year. Here are some of my favorites:
- Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Lattes at Starbucks: I know most people are obsessed with the Pumpkin Spice, but I prefer the cinnamon. Sipping one on a crisp fall afternoon is perfection
- Sleeping with the windows open and a million covers on the bed: So. Cozy.
- Boots: Sorry, gentleman, this one’s for the ladies. I am pulling on my camel-colored mid-calf flat boots again, with skirts and jeans. Love.
- Tailgating: OK, confession – I haven’t done this yet this football season. But the biggest and best tailgate of the year is fast approaching (the Nebraska game), and I can’t wait! Hotdogs, buffalo chicken dip, day drinking…need I say more?
- Running: I’m not a warm-weather runner. I’d take running in 40 degree temps over 80 any day. But the perfect weather for running is what we have right now – 50s, 60s, and sunny, with the leaves crunching at your feet. Leave the iPod at home and just enjoy.
- Chili: I made a big pot of turkey chili with lots of beans and cumin last week – best served with sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onions, and crackers on top. It freezes well and gives me a cozy lunch or dinner long into the fall
What are some of your fall favorites?