Fall Favorites

I’ve always wished that I had my own blog in which I could just muse about whatever I wanted and somehow people would read in awe.  I read a few blogs like that, and I’m always jealous of the writers.  So, indulge me a little with a blog post that pretty much has nothing to do with the WPMBA program or Fisher or even Ohio State – but it does have something to do with living in this part of the country so, yes, it does have something to do with “being here.” :)  After a (very) hot summer, I am finding myself enjoying fall even more this year.  Here are some of my favorites:

• Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Lattes at Starbucks:  I know most people are obsessed with the Pumpkin Spice, but I prefer the cinnamon.  Sipping one on a crisp fall afternoon is perfection
  • Sleeping with the windows open and a million covers on the bed:  So. Cozy.
  • Boots:  Sorry, gentleman, this one’s for the ladies.  I am pulling on my camel-colored mid-calf flat boots again, with skirts and jeans.  Love.
  • Tailgating:  OK, confession – I haven’t done this yet this football season.  But the biggest and best tailgate of the year is fast approaching (the Nebraska game), and I can’t wait!  Hotdogs, buffalo chicken dip, day drinking…need I say more?
  • Running: I’m not a warm-weather runner.  I’d take running in 40 degree temps over 80 any day.  But the perfect weather for running is what we have right now – 50s, 60s, and sunny, with the leaves crunching at your feet.  Leave the iPod at home and just enjoy.
  • Chili:  I made a big pot of turkey chili with lots of beans and cumin last week – best served with sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onions, and crackers on top.  It freezes well and gives me a cozy lunch or dinner long into the fall
Starbucks

mmm Starbucks

What are some of your fall favorites?