Career Fairs and Recruitment Festivities

Hi all!

This past week has been SO busy-largely due to two career fairs, coffee chats, and buckeye football. After a long weekend, Tuesday was the Accounting Career Fair. A total of 33 companies were represented at the fair, including large public accounting firms, regional firms, and corporate functions. The next day, The Office of Career Management hosted the Fisher Fall career fair. Two floors of the Ohio Union were filled with companies in search of prospective interns and full-time hires. After networking with several recruiters, I felt pretty good about the status of my recruitment thus far. I was even able to have a coffee chat with a recruiter to learn more about career opportunities.

I a lot of my networking/recruitment expertise to my time in Fisher’s undergraduate program. There are so many resources available to prepare Fisher undergrad and grad students for career fairs, including but not limited to the always needed resume updates/reviews, and mock interview opportunities. The available recruitment tools were even molded for graduate students or any type of student in Fisher. (Check out this link to learn more about student resources within our career management office.)¬†Interviews should start up later this month for first round selections. This week was short and sweet but I will try to fill in the gaps this next week once recruitment hype has a slight lull until interview start ups.¬†Wish me luck!

Interviewing Spoof