Time Management for Working Professionals in the Fisher WP-MBA Program

I guess I’m lucky that my 1st week at Fisher coincided with a long weekend for Labor Day holiday!  However, I know this is not always going to be the case, which means, I need to work better at time management to ensure that I am staying ahead with this rigorous program.

So I am giving you some advice on how to manage your time and stay ahead of the game, while still enjoying somewhat of a personal life.

1) Cook in bulk on Sundays so that you have enough food for the week.  Make sure you pack your meals so you are not wasting time and money on food

2) Keep up with your reading and homework assignments during the week (on the days that you DO NOT have class)  Trust me, if you keep up with the work during the week, you can enjoy some free and personal time on the weekends!

3)  Make time for the gym, either before or after work!  You will have more energy to combat those long sessions!  On days where I don’t have class, I go to the gym after work for about an hour.  On class days, I either skip the gym, or go in the morning before work.  Either way, make time for it and you will be HAPPY you did!

4) Use Saturday and Sunday mornings for catching up on reading and any remaining assignments you were not able to complete during the week.  This way, you have the rest of Sat/Sun to enjoy the football games, and other personal activities of your liking!

5)  Don’t stress!  If you manager your time efficiently and plan ahead, you will not need to worry about playing catch up or feeling stressed!  I had an amazing 1st week and I know that planning ahead will ensure me staying on track and enjoying this program!

Good Luck!