The Last First Week

We’re back from spring break and have already completed the first week of our last quarter in the MAcc program.  It is going too quickly! After my final exams last quarter, two of my friends and I went to Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada, which is only about a 6 hour drive from Columbus. It was a lot of fun, the weather was unseasonably wonderful, and I even saw two people that I knew from the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program in which we MAccers participated last quarter!

MAccers kept in touch quite well over break, but it was still wonderful to be reunited with everyone to start spring quarter. Once again, excited greetings could be heard throughout Gerlach, and catching up over dinner was a regular occurrence this week. For the first time, I decided to take all accounting classes this quarter (Government and Not-for-Profit, International, Managerial, and Mergers & Acquisitions), and I am looking forward to learning a lot through cases and group work.

Group work makes our class more close-knit, and our close friendships make our group work even more enjoyable. One of my autumn quarter groups planned a dinner and movie night to end the first week, and it was so much fun. Before a group meeting the next day, one of my friends identified me just by the sound of my footsteps. In part because we’re a detail-oriented bunch, MAccers really get to know each other. Sure, we commented on each other’s haircuts and tanner skin and new clothes after break, but our friendships go much deeper than that. I am looking forward to enjoying the last quarter in this wonderful program with such amazing classmates and friends!

The weather was beautiful, and we saw a rainbow at Niagara Falls!