Be A Team Member!

One for all, all for one!

So soon, the class of 2012’s last and final quarter in the MAcc program is here. While some may regard this as pleasant, others may linger in the shadow of not having to see all these lovely people for years to come.

Silence is normally the most popular companion just before an exam in universities, where the moment is regarded as solemn and a bit stressful, but that was not the case just before one of our finals last (winter) quarter. It was amazing to see almost everyone chit-chat with someone just before the final exam. It was as though there was nothing to worry about. This, to me, portrays the number of friendships built over the course of just 7 months.

Reading through a passage from the Life Application study bible, I came by a profound truth which I would like to share with you. It says:

Cooperating with others has advantages. Life is designed for companionship, not isolation; for intimacy, not loneliness. Some prefer isolation, thinking they cannot trust anyone. We are not here on earth to serve ourselves, but to serve others. Do not isolate yourself and try to go it alone. Seek companionship; be a team member.

The message is clear and straight to the point. I only seek to add this – If you have not established friendship with anyone in your program yet, this is the time to do so. I personally think there are so many lovely people out there; find one and befriend one.

I pray we are all able to smile at the beautiful sunshine every morning. All the best to all who have the spring quarter as their final – finish hard!!!

Author: Nii Ankrah

I was born in Accra, Ghana on April 6th, 1987. I lived in Accra most of the days of my life till i moved to the USA to further my studies in August 2011 at the age of 24. I had my high school education in Pope John Senior High School and Junior Seminary, Ghana (2002-2005). I then undertook my undergraduate studies (Bsc. Administration - Accounting Option) at the University of Ghana Business School (2006-2010). Moving on to PwC-Ghana, i worked as an audit trainee for a year after which i enrolled in Ohio State University - Fisher College of Business to pursue a Masters degree in Accounting (MAcc). My objective is to build a career in forensic accounting. I will be joining Ernst and Young's fraud investigation and dispute services department (Cleveland office) in Fall 2012.