Gifts to make you smile.

And so another Christmas comes to a close in our household.  It was wonderful, delightful, and any other kind of “ful” (or “full!”) you can think of.  Today I found myself thinking about how my mom (and dad, but mostly mom) keep the magic of Christmas going in our house year after year.  I have decided that one of the ways she does this is by giving gifts that make us smile.  While there are always a few “list” items, for the most part, our Christmas gifts are comprised of clever and crazy items we would never dream of getting for ourselves (or items we were never be clever enough to find).  So I thought that this week I would share with you a few of my gifts that made me smile….and I hope they bring a smile to your face as well.

1. Gummi Fried Eggs – exactly what they sound like.  I haven’t opened them yet, so I can’t vouch for the taste, but it clearly is a goofy candy product that you don’t normally find in the candy aisle at Target.

2. Mom/daughter ornament – My mom has a hard time passing up the keepsake ornaments at Hallmark.  I particularly like this year’s, especially because when I opened it, my mom immediately said, “Just so you know, I’m the big crown!”  As if she had to clarify.

3. Necklace -  compliments of my dad!  He recently traveled to Israel for work, and came back with a necklace for my sister, my mom, and myself.  When we were little and he traveled, he would always bring us a doll.  The necklace is the grown up version. I love it.

4. New PJ’s – My Mom discovered personalization.com this year, so many of our gifts came from there.  This is one of mine and a particular favorite, as the statement on the front of the shirt is decidedly true.

5. And speaking of Einstein…. Mom made him his own pillow — using the little bandanas that the groomer puts on him when he gets groomed.  He also has a blanket that she made for him, so he now has a nice little set.  You’ll also notice in this picture that he’s sporting a brand new holiday argyle sweater, also a Christmas gift.

And now our holiday break is winding down and it’s time to start thinking about school again!  It’s also time to start thinking about New Year’s Resolutions.  One of mine is to snuggle even more with my Einstein!

1 Response to “Gifts to make you smile.”

1. 1 Yanislav Iliev December 26, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Oh, I love Christmas Gifts.. They always make me happy and smile..