To be thankful for… a break!

In the full time MBA program, the week leading up to Thanksgiving is a whirlwind.  Suddenly, there are final projects, final papers, final presentations, and of course, final exams, on the horizon.  It seemed as if my classmates and I were spinning like tops as we organized meetings, conducted research and attempted to accomplish as much as we could before Thanksgiving break.  One wise second year student said “If I could go back and give myself advice, I’d tell myself to calm down.  It all gets done.  It’s like magic.”

She’s right, of course.  But it’s hard to believe that when your to-do list is growing exponentially and time is flying by.  The saving grace?  A great Thanksgiving.  Even though most students (including myself) are probably using at least some of their Thanksgiving break to do work, it’s so important to take time to relax with family and friends, laugh, share stories, and eat and eat and eat (and eat).  This break is perfectly timed to rejuvenate us before our final week of classes and exams.  And my advice is to relax and enjoy it.

I sure did.  And as you can see, so did Einstein.

Too. Much. Turkey.