Best Combination Since Saturday and Sunday

A couple of months ago I was watching TV and I came across a commercial that I thought was quite ingenious.  It was for Reese’s Peanut Butter cups.  The commercial was insinuating that chocolate and peanut butter was the best combination since Saturday and Sunday.  I would definitely have to agree.  Well, at least with the Saturday and Sunday part.

Up until about 3:45pm EST on Tuesday, February 1, 2011, I thought that the Saturday and Sunday combo would be untouchable.  But after today, I’m going to have to say that I found a new combination that I like almost (if not more than) as much as Saturday and Sunday.

Here is a list of other great combinations:

1.  Batman and Robin – great combo of super heroes.

2.  Saturday and Sunday – enough said.  DUH.

3.  Peanut Butter and Jelly – greatest combo on two slices of bread…ever.  This one never lets me down, especially when I’m hungry.

4.  Beavis and Butthead – greatest combo of fictional characters…ever.  Too bad MTV let that one die out.

5.  Surf and Turf – gotta be one of my favorite combo foods.  Joey’s Seafood always did it right.

6.  Garren C. (fellow MLHR blogger) and any class at OSU – class can be boring.  But class would be double boring without Garren.  Thank you G$lyce.

7.  Brad Pitt and Jen Aniston -  This was a good combination that is no longer a combination.  Stupid, Brad.  Angelina has nothing on Jen.  Just sayin’.

8.  Milk and Cookies (e.g. Oreos) – I could eat my weight in Oreos and milk.

9.  John Mayer and a Guitar – Thank you for some great music, John.

and…my new favorite combination

10.  Bad Weather and OSU canceling my class on Tuesday night – simply awesome!!

So as I sit in my apartment with NO CLASS and bad weather, I’ll have to admit, I’m liking it.

GO BUCKS!

5 Responses to “Best Combination Since Saturday and Sunday”

1. 1 Rob February 2, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Glad to be the bearer of good tidings — Beavis and Butthead are returning! I heard about this last summer. Greatest TV duo since Starsky and Hutch. Easily.

http://snipurl.com/1yaeg7

I also heard that the plan is for the new episodes to start airing in May or June 2011 but that was never officially confirmed.

Huhuhuhuhuh

2. 2 Eric Dosch February 2, 2011 at 1:24 pm

@rob – AWESOME! i remember when B&B came out…it sure was a culture shock to America. Now, considering all the other questionable TV programming since then, I can say, with some assurance, that B&B is almost cleaner.

3. 3 Garren Cabral February 2, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Only number 6? Geez Eric.

4. 4 Eric J Dosch February 2, 2011 at 3:50 pm

@Garren. This list was in no particular ranking order. you are safe @ no. 6

5. 5 Rob February 7, 2011 at 7:31 pm

B&B is the Algonquin Round Table (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algonquin_Round_Table) compared to Jersey Shore.