A Taste of Fisher and OSU

Jan 28 turned out to be a  very busy Friday. After videotaping testimonials for a work project, I went straight to the RPAC to see the last event of the Fisher Winter Grad Games. Teams of the Fisher graduate programs compete in basketball, volleyball, and dodge ball for the coveted “winners’ briefcase”. Congratulations to the MBA 2011 team who were this year’s winners!

I then went straight to “A Taste of OSU.” Organized by the Office of International Affairs, it is an “evening of cultural performances on stage, exhibits and food from around the world provided by more than 30 different international and ethnic clubs on campus.” I sampled food from Russia, Thailand, Brazil, Ukraine, India, and Sri Lanka.

Lastly, I attended the Fisher Follies Auction. Every year, the organization auctions off items or services donated by the Fisher community. All the proceeds go to a chosen charity.

Since there were three MBA students with Filipino heritage, we decided to donate a Filipino dinner for four plus karaoke (no Filipino party would be complete without it). I also won 8 of the items I bid for. I ended up spending more than I intended but it was money well spent. I’m looking forward to going on the activities and having my dinners for the next months or so. :)

“Fisher Follies is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to foster community at the Fisher College of Business, encourage creativity, support local charities through a variety show, and to generally lampoon the life of business school students.” Visit their website here.