A brand new year…

I know, I know… its a tad too late to be talking of ‘New’ year, but I was warming up the ‘new’ness of it…being out of school for 3 weeks watching an average of 4 movies per day, reading all the books that you wanted to read, sleeping when you wanted and sometimes simply doing nothing, does that to you. You take time to realize where you are….In spite of the depressing winter (and having to be in classes at 8.30 am), this quarter is exciting. It may be partly due to the freedom to choose my elective – mm may be. And of course, I don’t find any joy at all wearing jeans, plain tee, hooded jacket complete with sneakers to the classes! ;-)

New year, new quarter, classes with new cohorts – I am enjoying this relatively relaxed pace compared to the fall quarter. I never took any interest in New year resolutions – but I find myself tempted to resolve to do a few things this year: do things that I love doing, which have taken a back seat for a while like reading, continuing my salsa classes and organize my ipod.. trust me it deserves a top place in the list of to dos. And yes, before this winter ends I should have built a snowman and learned to skate (this is highly ambitious! but hey aren’t all management students categorized this way?). Instead of getting depressed ’cause of the snow I might as well learn to enjoy it. Lets see how far that goes…

I love all the courses this quarter. And that’s not good – at least for me. I ought to hate a few courses so that it becomes easy for me to select a major or two or tailor make my curriculum. Liking everything is detrimental to decision making. Anyway, time will help me solve my dilemma.

Coming back to the exciting stuff – Its kind of amazing to me that I get to see a lot of cool CEOs and hear them talk as if its an everyday affair. I mean, I have not met as many CEOs in my life as I have in the last few months here. And hear their stories? That’s even better. And whats best? To see them so unassuming, polite and some of them are so very unconventional and funny. Yea! I had a real good time today hearing Mr. John Lowe talk about jeni’s icecream in one of our classes.  And the founders of ‘four loko’ are visiting us in our marketing class. How cool is that ? yea, it is alcohol and yes the drink is banned but the idea was and still is innovative and am sure it will be yet another interesting session this quarter has to offer.