GE 2nd Round Interview – Crotonville, NY

Currently, I am on-site and on-assignment at the GE HRLP 2nd Round Interview Forum located in Crotonville, New York.  The last couple of days have been non-stop.  From airport to airport to informational meetings/interviews for internships has been fun, fast-paced, chaotic and a blur.  At the moment, I feel like I still am trying to catch my breath all the while trying to make the most of this experience.

While at GE Crotonville, I have met a lot of great graduate students from across the United States who are also interviewing for internship positions within GE.  It has been a great experience to connect with fellow HR students from different programs like Vanderbilt, Columbia, University of South Carolina and Indiana University.  I am very thankful and fortunate to have been chosen by GE to represent The Ohio State University – Fisher College of Business and I hope that I make the university and the MLHR program proud.

During our down time, we are making home-made greeting cards for the Project Sunshine initiative.  Project Sunshine is a non-profit organization that provides free educational, recreational and social programs for children facing medical challenges and their families.  Check out my card design (picture) at the end of the blog. 

All in all, I am very excited to be here interviewing with GE.  Thus far, it has been a great experience.  I will tell you, GE sure does know how to feed you like a KING – and I mean KING.  The food spread is amazing – especially the 13 Starbuck’s Frappuccinos I have dominated so far.  I have personally attributed my alertness during my interviews to Starbuck’s.  TGFS (Thank Goodness For Starbucks).

I am very thankful fellow MLHR & 2nd-year graduate student, Jue Wang, was invited to the GE HRLP Forum.  It has been refreshing to speak with him and gain some valuable insight into the MLHR program as well as having an “partner in crime” to associate with while I’m we are on this trip.  I think of Jue as the “coolest Asian I know”.  Not because he’s Asian, but because he is COOL.  He reminds me of an Asain version of Tom Cruise.  He is a great guy and I am glad that I got an opportunity to connect with him.  Jue is interviewing for a Full-time position; I am interviewing for an summer internship.  I wish him the best of luck – he definitely deserves it.

As I get ready to prepare for my next round of interviews, I have attached some pictures of the trip. 

1 Response to “GE 2nd Round Interview – Crotonville, NY”

1. 1 Garren Cabral November 15, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Such a jetsetter GO GETTA. Jealous.