Pumpkin Carving & Circleville Pumpkin Show

October is a time of leaves changing and scary movies, but it also provides the opportunity to express your artistic side on a pumpkin. It’s no Ohio Stadium, like I said I would step up and attempt after my dismal performance last year, but then again, I have yet to carve a real pumpkin (the one in the picture below is a Styrofoam one), so it is still a possibility.

Speaking of pumpkins, The Circleville Pumpkin Show is a four day event that celebrates everything pumpkin. The show kicks off this Tuesday night, but the actual show starts on Wednesday. The schedule of events can be found here. Special note: TBDBITL is part of the Parade of Bands that occurs from 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM on Thursday.

The Great Pumpkin weigh-in starts at 9:15 AM on Wednesday morning and I came across a very informative article from the Department of Horticulture and Crop Science of The Ohio State University explaining how to grow your own giant pumpkin- maybe next year I might give it a try and sign up for the competition!