President Gee visits Shanghai to open Ohio State’s first international Gateway

I am so excited to see the following news from President Gee’s website: http://president.osu.edu/fromwhereistand/06_29_2010.php

The View in Shanghai

I write from Shanghai and although I have been here many times, I am struck yet again by the city’s complexity, intensity, and beauty. I am in China for several days, meeting with university and business leaders, government officials, students, alumni, and friends. This city is my first stop, and my agenda is a full one.

A couple of days ago, we opened the University’s new Gateway office here – our first physical portal in another country. The office is modest in size, but large in purpose. Through it, we seek to enlarge Ohio State’s collaborations across China. To expand research and scholarship endeavors. To build on our already-strong student recruitment efforts. To strengthen ties with our large alumni base here. And to discover new opportunities not only for our students, faculty, and staff, but also for partnerships with Ohio businesses.

Yesterday, I was honored to speak at an event sponsored by the American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai. The audience was a mix of leaders from various industries and many different countries. My message – that our thoroughly shared future depends on more aggressive collaboration and calculated risk-taking – applies equally across industries and national borders. At a time when innovation drives economic growth around the world, we must always seek new ideas and new partners. As I told the audience, whether we live in Columbus, Ohio, or Shanghai, the true global currency is now human creativity.

As a Chinese student, I think it is a very good opportunity for Chinese candidates to know more about Ohio State University as well as its spirit. As a student at Ohio State University, I highly appreciate the opening of international gateway, which will definitely develop the reputation of OSU worldwide and attract more excellent Chinese students.

Now this international gateway is under development and needs talented staff, so I attached the recruiting message here. Hopefully, OSU fans have the opportunity to get access into OSU. Hopefully, OSU Shanghai Gateway possess sufficient talents for future development.

OSU China Gateway (Shanghai) Representative Office is looking for a long term student intern.
100 RMB per day for compensation.

Job Descriptions:
* Collecting and entering alumni information to our database
* Arranging travel accommodations and logistics matters
* Disseminating information to alumni
* Conducting market research for Executive Training Programs
* Coordinating Gateway activities
* Office routine

Requirements:
* Strong sense of responsibility, hard working, and quick learner
* Good communication skills
* Good computer skills, including master use of MS Office
* Good English skills, especially written and spoken English
* 3-5 days a week available
* Undergraduate 3,4 year /Graduate Student 2,3 year
* Major in Business, Marketing and Accounting preferred

Location:
1207-A02 Shui On Plaza, 333 Huai Hai Zhong Road

Contact:
Please email your resume to phoebe.you@oia.osu.edu
Tel: 021-5116 0561