As the quarter is wrapping up, I don’t think I need to tell you that things have been a little crazy.  (to tell you where my head is – for two blogs in a row I used the same title and didn’t realize it)  However, in the past few days, there have been a few moments where I was able to stop and realize that while I am often overloaded with work, I am also blessed in more ways that I know.

The weather has been a definite mood changer around Gerlach, and could not have come at a better time.  With tension levels high throughout all of the campus, the weather has been able to alter the outlooks of the students for the better.

Another event that caused me to sit back and count my blessings was the shooting on campus earlier this week.  While my heart and prayers go out to the victims and the families of all those affected, it made me realize that there are much bigger things in this world.

I challenge you to take sometime over the next few weeks to take a break and enjoy the weather or at the very least take 10 – 15 minutes to count the blessings in your life.  I think it will help keep tensions low and the perspectives healthy during this exam period.   I wish everyone good luck with the wrapping up winter quarter and I hope you can take some time out to reflect  and also to let the people you appreciate in life know how much you appreciate their presence.