Pay it Forward

One of the leadership programs that Fisher offers is a mentor program.  Fisher set me up with someone based on what I am interested in and what I want to go into, and then for the next year we have different activities to go to such a networking nights and speakers.

Since we first met about a month ago, my mentor and I have really hit it off.  The office did a great job pairing the two of us up and she has already taught me a lot.  For instance, networking has always been something that is out of my comfort zone.  However, she is a big believer in networking.  This past week she set up a lunch for me with one of her former co-workers to learn more about the investment field.  She said she believes it is really important to “Pay if forward.”

I really appreciated her help and learned a lot throughout the lunch.  However, not only is she helpful in terms of career advice, but she has also been really helpful in just my adjustment and transition to Columbus.  I have lived here now for about 6 months, however, there are still many parts I don’t know.

She is there if I ever have any questions about a restaurant to go to or an event at the Wexner Center.  Her generosity has meant a lot to me and really showed me the impact that someone can have.  I look forward to more of our meetings and hope that I can use what she has given to me to “pay if forward” to someone else.